The charity Mind promotes self- care tips and techniques as a way of managing symptoms of ill mental health. It is suggested that engaging in self-care activities may help to prevent problems from developing or getting worse. This segment will aim to explore various self-care activities and tips that you can engage with from the comfort of your own home.
In this month’s edition, we will be looking at creating a galaxy jar. These magical glitter jars are designed to be soothing and calming and are a great sensory object. Best thing is they are so easy to make.
You will need:
- A jar with a lid
- Cotton wool balls or pads
- Plastic cups for mixing
- A variety of coloured paints – the more vibrant the better!
- Glitter/Sequins/your magicallness of choice
- Start by placing a layer of cotton wool at the bottom of the jar and ensure it is even and flat
- Time to get the glitter and sequins out. Pour as much glitter as you like onto the cotton wool
- In a plastic cup, pour in some water til about half way and then add your first paint colour and mix
- Once you are happy with the colour, pour it onto the cotton wool. The cotton wool will absorb the paint.
- Repeat steps 1-5! Change up the paint colours as often as you like to create the galaxy look!
Ta-da! Place on a window sill or bed side table for the ultimate relaxation!
At Student Life, we would love to see your galaxy jars! Tag us in them on Facebook @studentlifedigital