Recipe Of The Month : Beefy Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 or 2 sweet potatoes (depending on how hungry you are)!
- ½ medium onion
- ½ tin of chopped tomatoes
- Herbs for seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pack of beef mince
- Grated cheese (optional)
1. Poke each sweet potato a few times and microwave until tender (about 10 minutes), rotating them halfway through. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Combine the tinned tomatoes with the onion,
herbs, salt and pepper and mix.
3. Heat oil in a large pan/wok on a medium/high heat and add this mixture in, stirring it constantly, for around 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add ¼ cup of water if the sauce has evaporated by this point.
5. Add in the mince and stir continuously, breaking apart the mince and combining the whole mixture.
6. Once the mince is cooked through, cut the sweet potatoes in half and scoop out the insides.
7. Mix the scooped out potato with the mince mix and then fill the potatoes back up.
8. Sprinkle with cheese and place on a baking tray in the oven until the cheese is melted.