Parkside is a Key Stage 3-4 Pupil Referral Unit catering for the needs of young people who are unable to access mainstream education due to social, medical or emotional needs.
Many of the young people who are referred to Parkside have medical needs and suffer from, or have suffered from, mental health difficulties. Many also have an Autistic Spectrum Disorder which makes functioning in mainstream education challenging.
- To ensure that all students achieve the highest academic standards of which they are capable
- To provide a wide range of educational experience for every student
- To promote social responsibility and awareness among students so that they are able to become alert and critical citizens with a strong sense of justice and equality
- To ensure positive acceptance of ethnic diversity and opposition to all forms of racism
- To promote self-esteem among students with positive aspirations and confident of equal opportunities both in education and society